2. We are also careful to ensure that information is used responsibly, and only for the purposes for which it is provided.
What is Personal Information?
1. Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual. It includes information such as your name, address, telephone number, birth date, social insurance number, e-mail address and financial information.
2. The information we may collect or obtain (depending on the circumstances) includes but may not be limited to:
• identification and contact information: such as your name, home address, telephone and personal email address;
• business relationship and operations information: such as customer and supplier names, customer addresses and personal contacts, credit information, billing records, service and equipment records, any recorded customer complaints, investor contact information and requests, agreement terms and preferences and information necessary to effect emergency response plans; and
• birthdate, gender, medical insurance information and medical information used to develop training plans for members, register in events and competitions and insure under our CMAW LOCAL 99 policies.
Personal Information Collection and Use by CMAW LOCAL 99
3. We collect your personal information in order to contact you, to understand your needs and preferences, to better provide our services and to meet any legal obligations. In all circumstances we try to limit our collection of personal information to only those items that are necessary in order for us to provide the best service to you.
4. CMAW LOCAL 99 does not collect personal information about you without your knowledge and consent.
Personal Information Disclosure by CMAW LOCAL 99
5. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent to do so. In the case CMAW LOCAL 99 is legally obligated to disclose your personal information, you will be notified. CMAW LOCAL 99 reserves the right to disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, respond to claims or to protect the rights, property or safety of CMAW LOCAL 99, its customers, service providers or the public.
When Do We Share Your Personal Information?
6. There are some circumstances where we may share some personal information about our users with a third party. For example:
• subject to applicable regulations, we may disclose your personal information to a government agency, court, or law enforcement personnel.
• If required, personal information may be disclosed to other affiliated CMAW organizations, such as other locals or CMAW National, for insurance, registration at events, membership tracking, pension or benefits, training, employment, or volunteering.
7. It is CMAW LOCAL 99’s policy NOT to sell its customer or member database to any third party.
Personal Information Protection by CMAW LOCAL 99
8. We recognize our obligations to protect personal information. We have therefore adopted basic procedures to secure against the unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, and disposal of personal information. These procedures include the employment of passwords for electronic data and the use of locked cabinets for hard data and are taking additional measures to secure the information from unauthorized access.
9. CMAW LOCAL 99 considers personal information provided by you to be private and confidential and accordingly we treat it with care.
Consent to Use of Personal Information
Accessing, Correcting or Updating Your Personal Information
11. At any time, you may request that we correct, update, or remove your personal information by contacting CMAW LOCAL 99’s privacy officer as set out below. CMAW LOCAL 99 will use reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is accurate and current.
By email: email@example.com
By mail: CMAW Local 99
309, 602 11th Ave. SW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Attention: Privacy Office
Please feel free to contact or visit us.
Calgary Office: 403.879.2635
Toll Free: 1.888.920.8458
309, 602 11th Ave SW, Calgary , AB, T2R 1J8